Thursday, May 9, 2019

The memories we lose

It's crazy how many memories we lose while we're out making new ones. You don't even realise all the things you've forgotten until you're sat alone with your thoughts and you start to think about your life and all of your memories.

I remember being a kid and my friends would knock on my front door and say "Is Rachel coming out to play?" so I'd ask my mum's permission and she'd say yes and we'd all go to the field, where we'd just sit on the grass and just talk for hours. As we got older we realised that all that mattered was spending our short amount of time together. If I ever couldn't go out, my friends would sit with me on my front door step. We would sit right in front of my house and talk about life, who we liked, what we wanted to do, we'd even give each other advice. The nights where we'd be sat out there until late. Okay, so it was 9pm but back then that was classed as late. There was one moment with one of my best friends, I think I was around 15, where we just sat talking and things went quiet. We just kinda sat there and my heart started to race and it was one of those "is something going to happen?" "should I make something happen?" moments. It didn't. Although we did date during that summer, for a week - summer romance, am I right? We ultimately decided to be friends.

Obviously, I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

But I only remembered that when I sat and started thinking about it. There were so many other moments with different friends on my doorstep that, unless I really think about them, probably couldn't recount. In fact, I remember a girl I was best friends with for about a year, we were really close and for her birthday she decided to do a charity walk and invited me to come along. She wanted to do a 5 mile (ish) sponsored walk for Bluebell Wood. We fuelled up our energy with a maccies for the big journey, which we only managed to get half way through because we sat at a bus stop to rest for half an hour and then decided to give up and go home because we'd had enough. Although, we did raise a fair amount of money for it and I think it's amazing she did that. 

I remember the summers spent on the local field with my best friends and my siblings, getting snacks from the local shop, having our own little picnic and playing on the little park at the top - we used to see who could swing the highest on the swings. My brother always won. We used to laugh all day long. There were the times me and my friends went to the fair, there was a time where my friend and I rode a shopping trolley across the field, the times where my friends and I would eat fizzy lollies and watch the people around us. 

There were the sleepovers spent messaging our crushes, MSN chats, cringey photos, school trips, late night BBM messages, . All with friends I've not seen or spoken to in years. All these memories that I never realised I'd forgotten until I sat and thought back through the years that've gone by. 

Take a moment, just think back to school or just over the years - what memories have you forgotten while you've been out making new ones?

As always, my Email/DMS are always open for you to ask any questions, give any suggestions or ask for advice! I've now even made a Twitter account, if you haven't already followed it its linked below!! Anything you want to know or to see change, I'm happy to hear and to help.

Shine bright sunshines,
Raye x 

"Before too long you'll be a memory" - Mayday Parade, One Man Drinking Games

Email: rayofsunshineblog@hotmail.com

IG: instagram.com/rayeofsunshineblog
Twitter: twitter.com/notsosecretblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Loved One

  I know I'm terrible with posting. Honestly, this whole year has had all of us through a loop and I haven't had the motivation or t...