Sunday, August 18, 2019

Third times a charm, right?

Hey everyone, I know it's been a while since I've written anything on this blog. Actually, it's the third time I've come back again - third times a charm, right? I often take weeks, or in this case months, to write out a blog and post it. I say that it's because I don't really have the time, which I didn't - I just couldn't find time to do anything besides work, eat and sleep. The whole truth is that I didn't have the words. There was nothing that I could write that would make me happy or proud to have written it. I can't think of the last time I picked up a pen and wrote something that truly made me feel good.

I don't like to admit when my mental health isn't great but honestly, over this last month or two I've been struggling. Really struggling. I spent so much time working that I pushed out all of the most important people in my life. It got to a point where even though I lived in the same house as my family, I wasn't getting to see them at all. There were times where it could be up to a week before I got the chance to see any of them. It's been heart breaking not getting to spend that time with them, especially with me moving to London soon because we'll have even less time together. Plus, there was also trying to fit in time to see my friends, my boyfriend, getting everything sorted for university - which has been a HUGE mess (much like the rest of my life) and all the necessities such as eat, sleep and finding time to just chill by myself, which I didn't get much of. I felt like I had no time, there were not enough hours in the day to do everything. And then when it came to my days off, I was so exhausted both mentally and physically that I just didn't have the energy to do anything, most of my time off was spent sleeping to recharge my energy, which then made me feel like I was wasting my life by sleeping it away.

Suffice to say, it's all been a little too much to bare.

In short, my mental health took a huge hit and I needed some time out. I didn't even realise it until I quit working and started spending more time with the people I love. All I needed was to be around my family, friends and my boyfriend for a few weeks and everything started to shift back into place. So, for now, the storm is over and I'm ready to get back to life as normal. Whatever normal is, everyone has their own version of normality and no two are the exact same.

For those of you who suffer from any mental health conditions, just know that you are truly brave and wonderful, I'm wishing you a lifetime of self love, peace and happiness. If you ever need to talk about anything, whether it's a personal issue, mental health or anything else, please know that you can always talk to someone! A friend, a teacher, a family member or even to me! I'm always happy to help however I can! Whatever you're going through, things will get better, please don't ever give up hope. If there's anything you want to talk about/any advice/suggestions that you want to share with me, my emails/messages are always open on the links below.

Thank you for waiting patiently for me to come back and asking me about my blogs, I've had an overwhelming amount of support for this blog since I started it and I can't thank you all enough! I assure you I'll be back again very soon with a new blog but as the usual Raye of Sunshine that you're all used to! Even the sun gets clouded by rain every once in a while - although it's practically every day in Britain. See you soon!

Shine bright Sunshines,
Raye x

"There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn't" - John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Email: rayofsunshineblog@hotmail.com
Instagram: instagram.com/mynotsosecretblog
Twitter: twitter.com/notsosecretblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Loved One

  I know I'm terrible with posting. Honestly, this whole year has had all of us through a loop and I haven't had the motivation or t...