Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Aaaand we're back!

Welcome back guys! I apologise for the elongated hiatus, I know it was only supposed to last for a week. However, since coming back from Italy - which I can't wait to show you - I've had a busy work schedule, volunteering and trying to make time for the essentials (eating, sleeping, etc), there hasn't been enough spare time to post. There really aren't enough hours in the day!

Sooo, welcome back to Raye of Sunshine! So, we've surpassed Halloween 2018, where everyone either got dressed up and drunk or just plain drunk - mine being the latter of the two. Then, we made it through last night's incredibly beautiful but overly loud firework displays on Bonfire Night. I never actually went to watch the fireworks, I watched them through the window whilst I was at work. But, as much as I love the fireworks and think they're mesmerizing - which was not always the case - I am not a fan of the overpowering smog and it's awful stench. Anyway, Halloween and Bonfire Night are over and by the looks of the weather and the feel of the temperature, so is Autumn. I swear Autumn lasted about a week, I think we jumped from Summer straight to Winter. Although, I must admit I'm pretty excited for it. Can you guess why??

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!
I really want our Christmas decorations to go up now, let the festivities begin!!!

I'm just kidding

No you're not

I'm really not, get the tree up, boughs of holly out and let's start caroling!

It's too early, but the jingle bells away

Fine, I'll wait until 1st December. 

Anyway, I am super excited for Christmas, more than I have been in a long time actually and I'm loving it. I think when you reach a certain age, the holiday season stops being just about the presents but it becomes more about the little things that we often skip over. Like, snuggling up in a blanket in front of the TV when it's cold and watching a film surrounded by all of your favourite people, decorating the house together, having snowball fights. Plus, there are great holidays that come up - Christmas, New Years. Watching the countdown into the new year in the presence of those we love the most. I'm looking forward to starting another year with my family and the love of my life. There are so many exciting things that happen this time of year. It's also a time for us to look back on everything that has happened over the last 12 months and everything that we want to happen in the year ahead. It is our time to really learn to love life, and ourselves. Which is why I think, it is known as the season to be jolly. 

In honour of this beautiful season, I have decided to once again update my blog according to the season! I hope you all like it. Remember, if there's anything you want to know, you want to see in the blog, any advice I can give or any questions you have, just send me an Email/DM on the links below!

Thank you for staying and being so patient whilst I've been busy, it feels good to be back!
What is your favourite thing about winter? What are you most looking forward to in the coming year?

Shine bright Sunshines,
Raye x

"Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake" - Sara Raasch

Email:  rayofsunshineblog@hotmail.com
IG: www.instagram.com/rayeofsunshineblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Loved One

  I know I'm terrible with posting. Honestly, this whole year has had all of us through a loop and I haven't had the motivation or t...