Wednesday, April 29, 2020

MY FIRST: Year at University

This is my first blog post in 8 months, I apologise for the lack of writing, it's been really hard to find the time and the motivation. Instead of finishing my last assignment of first year, I thought I would procrastinate and write another blog post. 

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, this September I started university. I changed my mind so many times before applying in November 2018. After getting accepted to the universities that I wanted to go to, I was deadset on going. There was a lot of trouble to surrounding university to a point where I almost didn't go and I had to switch universities and ended up at Kingston University. The first six weeks of my first term hit, I travelled an hour every day to get to university and an hour back. The travel has been a nightmare yet I didn't roll in late that often. That's only because I would just brush my hair, shove on something comfy and leave, I got a LOT of weird looks at the train stations. 

My first visit home came and it took everything I had to go back to uni and not quit. I really missed my family and I wanted to stay with them. But, ultimately my friends and family convinced me not to quit, though my family were less insistent and wanted me to stay home. When I did go back to uni, I struggled to settle back in for the first couple of weeks. Then my friends made me feel better and I decided I would stay for the remainder of the year at least. I almost applied for a different uni for 2nd year because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do or if this is the right path for me and wanted to try something else and again, decided to stay where I am.

Now, I am quarantined in London with my boyfriend, 5 days away from the deadline for my final assignment of the year and still procrastinating.


So, the basic rundown of my first year of uni is as follows:

  • Moved to London
  • Started my course
  • Got a job that I quit later the same day
  • Made new friends 
  • Went out drinking twice while in London
  • Visited home 6 times
  • Cried at a XR march while getting a story for my Journalism class
  • Got a story published in the 2020 uni anthology
  • Got a new job
  • Worked 5 shifts at new job
  • Quarantined with Steven
  • Ate dessert 3 times a week for 3 weeks
  • Wore only pyjamas for 5 weeks
  • Finished first year
Safe to say, I haven't done very much this year other than cry and tell myself not to quit. However, now that I have a job (I do have a job I just currently can't work there because of we all know what), I have more money to spend on doing things I like which is currently just eating dessert and playing different versions of Sims on various consoles. 

Hopefully next year is more adventurous. 

Well, that's all for this time guys! As always, if you have any questions, suggestions or comments be sure to contact me on one of my links below. Maybe tell me about your first year at university, I'd love to hear all about them and maybe post them on here (anonymously of course). 

I hope you're all doing well, taking care and staying at home. 

Shine bright sunshines,
Raye x

Email: rayofsunshineblog@hotmail.com
DM: www.instagram.com/mynotsosecretblog
Twitter: www.twitter.com/notsosecretblog

2 comments:

  1. Very good read, open and honest, to the point, I see you going far and wide, lots of hope to people whose going through the same thing. Stay safe, stay strong. ��

    ReplyDelete

Losing a Loved One

  I know I'm terrible with posting. Honestly, this whole year has had all of us through a loop and I haven't had the motivation or t...