Tuesday, February 19, 2019

6 months

I apologise for always being late with my blogging, it's hard to find time with such a tight schedule but I am trying to do more and more often too! Thanks guys x

I spent my weekend sitting in a cafe in London with my head buried in a notebook with an iced coffee surrounded by unfamiliar people in a place I don’t recognise. The first time I visited London was 3 years ago, I was 16 years old. It was a trip with college where we went around the Tate Modern Art Gallery, where me and my friends quickly snuck off to a local Starbucks and snuck back before the teachers noticed - sorry guys! 

I was immediately taken by the city. The constant life and business, the sights - how even when you think you've seen them all there's still so much more to see. The different shops, cafes, bakery, clothing. The kinds of people - families on day trips, people visiting their friends, people who've lived here their whole lives, people who've recently moved here trying to make something of themselves. There's always something different about it. If you'd have told me back then that I'd be living there in 3 and a half years, I would've probably laughed at you. But no, I really am moving here.

In 6 months.
Half a year.

It's crazy how much can change in 6 months. That's the second trimester of a pregnancy, it's the length of time between Autumn and Spring. It seems like it's so long away when in actuality it comes around so fast. I look back on the last 6 months and see how much I've grown - going for the things I want, doing things for myself and not others, the people I've become closer to, the friends I've lost and the ones who are still there as much as they've always been. It makes you wonder how much really does change while we're not paying attention. The smallest details can have a greater impact in the months to come and the things that we thought were so big and worrisome don't actually matter much at all. 6 months from now everything can be so much different for you, even if you don't think it can. In 6 months I'll be moving down South, away from my family, my friends and everything I've ever known. But I'll be beginning one of my greatest adventures with the person I love the most. 

I don't know if I'm happy, excited, nervous or terrified. 
I think I'm all of the above.

I guess the thing that scares me most is that whilst I have all these plans and adventures mapped out, they don't necessarily have to happen. Things can change, go awry or fall apart completely. Tomorrow may never even come. All we can do is hope for the best and enjoy every moment that we have when we have it. And with that, I leave you with these questions:
If you knew tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you do today? 
What adventures do you have planned this year that you're most looking forward to?

As always, my DMs/Emails are always open for any advice/questions/suggestions on the links below, remember I'm always here and happy to help! 

Shine bright sunshines, 
Raye x

"A year from now you'll wish you'd started today" - Karen Lamb

Email: rayofsunshineblog@hotmail.com
IG: instagram.com/rayeofsunshineblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Loved One

  I know I'm terrible with posting. Honestly, this whole year has had all of us through a loop and I haven't had the motivation or t...